11 Jul 2008

Rainforest Cafe adventure

As you may know I’ve been on holiday for the last 4 weeks and basally I’m getting rather board, I’ve changed my room around, I’ve repaired my socks, been out with friends a few times and browsed blogs and procrastinated way too much.

So my very lovely Godmother took me to London for the day. I didn’t know where I was going however mum and dad did. We got to London about 1.30 and had a wander around Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, The Trocadero, we went into Hamleys and played with a lot of bears and other toys (What I wouldn’t do to be a child again and not have to leave school!)

But after all that guessing of where we were going to eat, we finally got to The Rainforest Cafe. On the top floor is a shop full of cuddly toys and other jungle and rainforest animal things but walking down the stairs was this totally amazing atmosphere of a restaurant. We had to wait for 20 minutes (which turned into 40, though we could see 2 tables of 2 seats with nobody sitting at them but we didn’t say anything) But once we sat down and I ordered a bowl of pasta (stupidly small) and for dessert I had panna cotta which was lovely!

Around the restaurant were all these movable animals of the rainforest and we were sat right next to the elephant and about 5 meters away from the gorilla, and every 30minutes there was a thunder storm and rain (just the sounds thankfully) but with strobe lighting but luckily we were away from the lights.

No comments: